Copyright is a legal right that grants the creator of an original work exclusive rights for its use and distribution. This is usually only for a limited time.
Copyright is a form of intellectual property, applicable to certain forms of creative work. Some, but not all jurisdictions require "fixing" copyrighted works in a tangible form.
A copyright Assignment is the transfer of an owner's property right in a given creative work or works. Such transfer may occur on their own or as a parts of larger asset sales or purchase. Copyright assignment agreements both provide records of ownership and transfer and protect the rights of all parties.
Why Draft Deed for assignment of copyright?
- It provides a legal backbone for the new created work.
- It brings a sense of understanding between the assignor (original copyright owner0 & the Assignee (to whom the permission of using the copyright is being transferred)
- The assignment is made to make the work created open for general public.
- And if incase any dispute arises then the mode of settling the issues is been mentioned in the draft/agreement.
- Assignee gets the authority to make use of the copyright
- The owner has the ownership with himself.
- The time and duration of assignment is mentioned in the agreement.
- The remuneration is also being set out in the agreements.
You need to keep in mind the following details
- Complete Name &Address of the Assignor.
- Complete Name &Address of the Assignee [Registered company address]
- Full description of the copyright.
- Duration of assignment.
- Guidelines on how to use the copyright.
- Place of distribution of copyrighted work.
Why The Legal Capsule?
Because we are efficient, correct and we look to achieve client satisfaction.