It is an agreement in which one person grants to another or to a definite number of other persons, a right to use upon the immovable property of the grantor, something which would, in the absence of such right, is unlawful and such right does not amount to an easement or an interest in the property.
The person who grants the permission
The person upon whom the permission is granted.
Essentials of an Agreement for Leave and License
- It arises out of permission and not otherwise.
- It is a personal privilege totally unconnected with the ownership of the property.
- It does not create an interest in the property in respect of which it is granted
Why Draft Leave and licence agreement?
- This agreement must be compulsorily in writing
- It is mandatory to register this agreement
- It is the licensors responsibility
- Breach results in punishment with imprisonment or fine
- Has legal value in case of a dispute
- Can be used as a valid proof of address by the tenant.
- It gives a proof of the tenant that he is staying legally.
You need to keep in mind the following details
- Complete name & address of the licensor & licensee.
- Exact details of the said property which is to be given on rent.
- Amount of rent or remuneration to be paid to licensor by licensee.
Why The Legal Capsule?
Because we are efficient, correct and we look to achieve client satisfaction.